22 Jun EuroCrime and MARGIN at the Seventh International Scientific Conference on Security – Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia, May 30-31st 2016
Dr. Filippo Balistreri, Senior Researcher at EuroCrime, participated in the Seventh International Scientific Conference on Security organized by the Faculty of Security – Skopje of the University “St. Kliment Ohridski” – Bitola. During the event held on May 30-31st 2016 in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia, Dr. Balistreri presented “MARGIN Project – Tackle Insecurity in Marginalized Areas” and its preliminary results on indicators and measures assessing public and personal insecurity.
The Conference analyzed the contemporary trends in social control of crime and it dedicated its sessions to the following topics:
- National and international perspectives of criminal justice and policing
- Criminology and criminal justice
- Security between theory, politics and practice
- Human rights and crime control
- Rule of law and human rights
- Radicalization on religious and ethnic grounds: the Middle East and the Balkans perspectives
- Migration as a global and security challenge
- Private and corporate security: economic cost of crime
For more information on MARGIN: https://marginproject.eu. For deepening the issues tackled by the Conference, its proceedings will be published by the Faculty of Security before the end of 2016.